Friday, July 23, 2010

Post A Poem / Share Your Poetry

Welcome to our "Post a Poem" section. This section was developed for nurses, doctors, and health care professionals to share their work related poems with others.

Work related being--any poem that reflects your job role experiences. This includes poems about your patient experiences, co-workers, or personal reflection of your job role.

Poems from nursing community: We welcome poems from nurses, CNAs, CMAs, Nurse Techs, etc. If you work in the nursing field -- you are eligible.

Poems from the medical community: doctors, residents, interns, etc.

Poems from health care employees: lab techs, x-ray techs, pharmacist, pharmacy techs, medical receptionists, etc. If you work in the health care industry and have a work related poem you have written, please feel free to share it here.

Poems from Our Visitors: Poems by friends, family members or visitors to our website. If you have a poem about nurses, doctors or healthcare professionals or life in general and would like to share your poetry, please feel free to post your literary works here under the

"Post A Comment" box below. We would love to hear from you! We look forward to your poetry and thank you in advance for taking the time to share your work. Evie :)

7 Comments:

At October 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Mrs. Brown said...

Hi Evie,

I am a Registered Nurse and would love to join your poetry blog. I find it very inspiring.

Mrs. Brown

 
At October 8, 2010 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Evie said...

Hi Mrs. Brown,

Thank you for such a nice comment. Would love to have you share your poems. Just type them into the "leave your comment" box.

Look forward to reading your poetry posting.

Evie :)

 
At November 21, 2010 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Evie said...

Dear Mrs Brown,

I meant to write to type your poem in the "Post Your Comment" box below.

I look forward to reading your poetry.

Evie :)

 
At November 15, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Priyanka Gandhi said...

Hi Evie,
My name is Priyanka Gandhi. I am employed as a nurse at Heritage Hall Nursing Home Lexington, Virginia. I am also enrolled part-time as an RN-BSN nursing student at James Madison University (JMU) in Harrisonburg VA. I graduated in May 2010 with my RN from Jefferson College of Health Sciences in Roanoke VA. I will be graduating with my BSN in May 2012 from JMU. I wrote this poem as a part of a class project called “Tell the World project”. I wrote this poem in reference to my experience working at the nursing home and especially taking care of Alzheimer’s patients.


It’s being a nurse!
I crawl out of my bed early in the morning hours,
With a smiling face I take the report and bid the night nurse good bye.
While I get my med cart ready,
Two curious eyes look at me;
I hold her hands and give her a hug,
Don’t you worry cause I am here to ease your fear.

It’s noon already, first med pass complete,
Treatments done, time for a little break.
And yet;
From a little corner, I see a beautiful soul
Loving as a child, he ask me the same questions over and over,
I answer politely while keeping him close,
Bringing a smile to his face and making our bond grow all the more.

It has been eight hours into my shift,
There is a lot to document; But caring for others is truly a gift.
Now that I am about to leave for home,
I know I will miss listening to stories of the past and singing with you all.

I have found the perfect profession; it’s being a nurse!
It was my dream to be the ray of light that comes through the darkness,
Someone who will walk along with you till the roads ends.
And now I will stand forever still,
I promise to fight your health battle until yours goals are fulfilled.

 
At November 16, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Amiras said...

Really Beautiful

 
At July 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM , Blogger albina N muro said...

try this ~! www.nursingassistantdegree.com

 
At April 7, 2020 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Kristen Brown said...

Innovativeness of author is absolutely great. It has touched to the level of aptitude with his written work. Everything is up to the check. Composed splendidly and I can utilize such data for my coming task. Entry Doors in ohio

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home